Saturday, June 2, 2012

Recycled 2 liter bottles.

Pinterest really is an amazing place.  After browsing for several minutes....well, more like hours, I got inspired to create my own form or glowing orb using a solor light.  Here is what we created!


Here is what they look like after dark.  We took the pictures in the janitors closet at school because it was the darkest place we could find.  hahaha




I don't have step by step directions, but all we did was cut the top and the bottom off of the 2 liter bottle.  When we taped the solar light onto the top.  We used tissue paper and Mod Podge to decorate them and finally sprayed them with a water repellant sealant.  If I make another one, here are the changes I would make.

1.  Decorate the inside of the bottle instead of the outside.
2.  Use hot glue to adhere the solar light to the bottle instead of electrical tape.
3.  Decorate and seal the 2 liter bottle BEFORE adding the solar light.

Thanks for looking!  

1 comment:

  1. Mary, The solar lights are GREAT! I love how they came out and that they are all so different! You ladies are very creative! Thanks for sharing your directions too!

    ReplyDelete